Are you looking for some entertaining, mind-boggling, and very excellent short riddles and their answers? Get your brain’s gears turning, your head itching, and your mind warmed up. We have curated an amazing list of short riddles and answers.
When you need a smart and quick riddle, our short riddles with answers are ideal. So fuel up your mental engine and see how many you can solve correctly, and challenge your friends, family, and coworkers to help you relieve tension and stress in your life with these simple short riddles.
They’re a fun way to keep your mind active and improve your speed in a variety of daily activities. Are you up for the challenge? Let’s get this party started! You’ll eventually figure them out.
Best Short Riddles
We have a collection of best short riddles exclusively for you if you like all things sweet, adorable, and funny. These beautiful and endearing short brain teasers are suitable for children, boyfriends, and girlfriends.
1. Mississippi has four S’s and four I’s. Can you spell that without using S or I?
2. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I?
Answer: A telephone.
3. What is at the end of the rainbow?
Answer: The letter W!
4. You go at red, but stop at green. What am I?
5. A girl fell off a 20-foot ladder. She wasn’t hurt. How?
Answer: She fell off the bottom step.
6. How did the pancake hurt itself?
Answer: Doing backflips.
7. Name three consecutive days without naming any of the seven days of the week.
Answer: Yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
8. The leaves are on the fruit, The fruit is on the leaves. What is it?
Answer: A pineapple.
9. You’re in a race and you pass the person in second place. What place are you in now?
Answer: Second place.
10. The one who has it does not keep it. It is large and small. It is any shape.
Answer: A gift.
11. What four-letter word can be written forward, backward, or upside down, and can still be read from left to right?
12. There’s a one-story house in which everything is yellow. Yellow walls, yellow doors, yellow furniture. What color are the stairs?
Answer: There are no stairs—it’s a one-story house!
13. If there are four sheep, two dogs and one herds-men, how many feet are there?
Answer: Two. Sheep have hooves; dogs have paws; only people have feet.
Funny Short Riddles
Smile! It’s time for some amusing riddles with answers! These hilarious riddles for kids and adults will make you laugh out loud. We’ve carefully selected some short funny riddles with answers available. Share them with your friends, family, children, students, or even strangers to break the ice.
1. You are in a dark room with a box of matches. On a table are a candle, an oil lamp, and a log of firewood. What do you light first?
Answer: The match! Can’t light any of those things without a lit match.
2. What can fill an entire room without taking up any space?
3. Two people were playing chess. They both won. How is this possible?
Answer: They were playing two different games, against other opponents.
4. The more I dry the wetter I get. What am I?
Answer: A towel.
5. What word is always spelled wrong?
6. What is as big as an elephant, but weighs nothing at all?
Answer: The shadow of an elephant.
7. Which letter of the alphabet has the most water?
Answer: The “C.”
8. What is that which never uses its teeth for eating purposes?
Answer: A comb.
9. What invention lets you look right through a wall?
Answer: A window!
10. What can’t be burned in a fire nor drowned in water?
11. What kind of ship has two mates but no captain?
Answer: A relationship.
12. Three doctors all say Robert is their brother. Robert says he has no brothers. Who is lying?
Answer: No one—the doctors are Robert’s sisters.
13. You’re currently trying to solve one.
Short Riddles with Answers
With our amusing, challenging, and short riddles with answers, everyone’s intellect will be stimulated. All of the riddles on this list are just challenging enough to spark your interest and arouse your curiosity.
1. A man is holding exactly $5.25, but only has one coin. How is this possible?
Answer: He has a quarter and a $5 bill.
2. What is often returned, but never borrowed?
3. Bella is outside a shop. She can’t read the signs, but she knows she needs to go in to make a purchase. What store is she at?
Answer: An eyeglasses store.
4. A hill full, a hole full; yet you cannot catch a bowl full. What is it?
5. What are the next three letters in this sequence: O, T, T, F, F, S, S—what comes next?
Answer: E, N, T. The letters are the first letters of the written numbers: one, two, three, four, five, etc. “Eight, nine, ten” are next.
6. The sharp slim blade, that cuts the wind. What is it?
Answer: A blade of grass.
7. How can you physically stand behind your father while he is standing behind you?
Answer: You and your father are standing back-to-back.
8. What is it that is full all day and empty at night?
9. What type of cheese is made backward?
10. What comes down but never back goes up?
11. A girl throws a ball as hard as she can. It comes back to her, even though nothing and nobody touches it. How?
Answer: She throws it straight up in the air!
12. What English word has three consecutive double letters?
13. An electric train is headed east. Where does the smoke go?
Answer: Electric trains don’t produce any smoke!
14. What makes a loud noise when changing its jacket, becomes larger but weighs less?
15. What is the one thing everyone can agree is between heaven and earth?
Answer: The word “and.”
Easy Short Riddles
Relax and unwind with easy riddles and answers! If you’re seeking for a gentle challenge or some unique and hilarious easy riddles for kids with answers, these easy short riddles with answers are ideal.
1. What do the letter T and an island have in common?
Answer: You’ll find them both in the middle of water. After these easy riddles, check out these word puzzles that will leave you stumped.
2. What has four fingers and a thumb, but isn’t alive?
Answer: A glove.
3. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
Answer: The letter M.
4. The man who invented it doesn’t need it. The man who bought it doesn’t want it. The man who needs it doesn’t know. What is it?
Answer: A coffin.
5. If you have me, you will want to share me. If you share me, you will no longer have me. What am I?
Answer: A secret.
6. Two coins add up to 30 cents. One isn’t a nickel. What are they?
Answer: A quarter and a nickel. The statement said only one of the coins wasn’t a nickel.
7. What goes all the way around the world but stays in a corner?
Answer: A stamp.
8. What gets wet when drying?
Answer: A towel.
9. I shave every day, but my beard stays the same. Who am I?
Answer: A barber.
10. You cannot keep me until you have given me. What am I?
Answer: Your word.
11. What two words, added together, contain the most letters?
Answer: Post office.
12. What always ends everything?
Answer: The letter G.
13. What gets bigger the more you take away?
Answer: A hole.
Hard Short Riddles
Prepare yourself for the test with some of these extremely short hard riddles that have answers! Do you think you’ve got what it takes to tackle these very difficult riddles? Then enter the arena and be ready to solve some of the world’s most difficult riddles.
1. What word starts with E and ends with E but only has one letter in it?
Answer: An envelope.
2. It’s shorter than the rest, but when you’re happy, you raise it like it’s the best. What is it?
Answer: A thumb.
3. What word of five letters has only one left when two letters are removed?
4. The more there is, the less you see. What am I?
5. What has golden hair and stands in the corner?
Answer: A broom.
6. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?
7. You can carry it everywhere you go, and it does not get heavy. What is it?
Answer: Your name.
8. A word I know, six letters it contains, removes one letter, and twelve remains. What am I?
9. A bus driver goes the wrong way on a one-way street. He passes the cops, but they don’t stop him. Why?
Answer: He was walking.
10. You see a boat filled with people. You look again, but this time you don’t see a single person on the boat. Why?
Answer: The boat has not sunk. All the people on the boat are married.
11. I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have nobody but come alive with the wind. What am I?
Answer: An echo.
12. A barrel of water weighs 60 pounds. What must you put in it for it to weigh 40 pounds?
Answer: A hole.
13. What word looks the same upside down and backward?
Short Riddles for Adults
Adults can enjoy riddles as well! Do you think you’re old enough to tackle these difficult and amusing short riddles for adults? Then let’s put your intellect to the test. You can never be too old to challenge your mind with riddles, which are a great way to keep your mind sharp, improve your mental skills, and, of course, have fun!
1. When is “L” greater than “XL”?
Answer: When you’re using Roman numerals.
2. What do you get if you add 2 blackberries and 5 apples?
Answer: A house full of gadgets.
3. How can the number four be half of five?
Answer: IV, the Roman numeral for four, is “half” (two letters) of the word five.
4. Which of the following is the largest? Triangle, circle, square, or rectangle?
Answer: Rectangle, it has the most letters.
5. A horse attached to a 24-foot chain wants an apple that is 26 feet away. He reaches the apple and munches on it no problem—how is that possible?
Answer: The other end of the chain isn’t attached to anything.
6. How can you fit 4 apples inside a box that measures 7x4x2 inches?
Answer: Put 4 Apple iPhones in the box.
7. What has a bottom at the top?
Answer: Your legs.
8. I can be long and can be short, I can be black, white, brown or purple. You can find me the world over and I am often the main event. What am I?
9. If you drop a yellow hat in the Red Sea, what does it become?
10. I don’t have eyes, ears, nose, and tongue, but I can see, smell, hear and taste everything. What am I?
Answer: A brain.
11. What color is the wind?
12. I can be hot, I can be cold, I can run and I can be still, I can be hard and I can be soft. What am I?
13. What can jump higher than a building?
Answer: Anything that can jump—buildings can’t jump!
14. You find me in December, but not in any other month. What am I?
Answer: The letter D!
15. Which word becomes shorter when you add 2 letters to it?
Short Riddles for Kids
Fun riddles and brain teasers are a kid’s favorite pastime! The short riddles for kids on this list are not only entertaining and educational, but they will also assist your child or student develops critical thinking and reasoning skills.
1. What has hands, but is not flesh, bone or blood?
2. White and thin, red within, with a nail at the end. What is it?
3. It can be said: To be gold is to be good; To be stone is to be nothing; To be glass is to be fragile; To be cold is to be cruel; Unmetaphored, what am I?
4. What is black and white and is red all over?
5. I run, yet I have no legs. What am I?
6. What goes around the world without leaving its corner?
7. What is full of holes but still holds water?
Answer: A sponge.
8. What can you hold in your left hand but not your right?
Answer: Your right elbow.
9. What question can you never answer yes to?
Answer: Are you asleep yet?
10. What can’t be put in a saucepan?
Answer: Its lid.
11. A man who was outside in the rain without an umbrella or hat didn’t get a single hair on his head wet. Why?
Answer: He was bald.
12. What kind of band never plays music?
Answer: A rubber band.
13. You see a boat filled with people, yet there isn’t a single person on board. How is that possible?
Answer: Everyone is married.
14. It stalks the countryside with ears that can’t hear. What is it?
15. I follow you all the time and copy your every move, but you can’t touch or catch me. What am I?
Answer: Your shadow.
Tricky Short Riddles
Get ready for these short tricky riddles with answers on the internet to make you roll your eyes. Scroll down and pick something that makes you smile and put a smile on your loved ones’ faces as well.
1. What has to be broken before it can be used?
Answer: An egg.
2. What gets broken if it’s not kept?
Answer: A promise.
3. Jimmy’s mother had three children. The first was called April, the second was called May. What was the name of the third?
4. It’s been around for millions of years, but is never more than a month old. What is it?
Answer: The moon.
5. What has a head and a tail but no body?
Answer: A coin.
6. Feed me and I will live, but give me a drink and I will die. What am I?
Answer: A fire.
7. What begins with T, ends with T, and has T in it?
Answer: A teapot.
8. You throw away the outside, eat the inside, then throw away the inside. What is it?
Answer: Corn on the cob.
9. You can hold it without using your hands or your arms. What is it?
Answer: Your breath.
10. What can you keep after giving it to someone?
Answer: Your word.
11. It’s so fragile even just saying its name can break it. What is it?
12. What tastes better than it smells?
Answer: Your tongue.
13. What building has the most stories?
Answer: The library.
14. What smells bad when living but smells good when dead?
What Am I Short Riddles
Smile and guess who! It’s time for some who am I riddles that’ll keep you entertained and guessing all the day. Laughter is beneficial to both the body and the mind, so come up with some amusing short what am I riddles and make someone laugh.
1. You can hold me in your left hand but not your right. What am I?
Answer: Your right elbow (or hand)!
2. I have lakes but no water, mountains but no stone and cities but no buildings. What am I?
Answer: A map
3. I go around all the places, cities, towns, and villages, but never come inside. What am I?
Answer: A street.
4. I am always hungry and will die if not fed, but whatever I touch will soon turn red. What am I?
5. You go at red and stop at green. What am I?
Answer: A watermelon.
6. I get answered even though I never ask a question. What am I?
Answer: A door knock or doorbell
7. I have married many times, but have always been single. Who am I?
Answer: A priest.
8. I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest man can’t hold me for five minutes. What am I?
Answer: Your breath
9. I am higher without a head. What am I?
Answer: A pillow.
10. I do not have wings, but I can fly. I don’t have eyes, but I will cry! What am I?
Answer: A cloud
11. I have 13 hearts, but no lungs or stomach. What am I?
Answer: A deck of cards.
12. I turn once, what is out will not get in. I turn again, what is in will not get out. What am I?
Answer: A key.
13. I am easy to lift but hard to throw. What am I?
Answer: A feather. (A piece of paper or a leaf would certainly qualify too!)
14. I am the only place in the world where today comes before yesterday. What am I?
Answer: The dictionary.
Short Riddles in English
Do you have a bigger brain? See if you can figure out the answers to these short riddles with answers in English. Only a few are capable of obtaining all of them. To check if your friends, family, kids, or classmates can figure things out, put them to the test.
1. What has four wheels and flies?
Answer: A garbage truck.
2. What do you get if you put a radio in the fridge?
Answer: Cool music.
3. A monkey, a squirrel, and a bird are racing to the top of a coconut tree. Who will get the banana first?
Answer: None of them—coconut trees don’t produce bananas!
4. How can a man go eight days without sleep?
Answer: Simple. Sleep at night!
5. I can be cracked, I can be made, I can be told, I can be played. What am I?
Answer: A joke.
6. How do you divide 10 apples into 11 people?
Answer: You make applesauce.
7. Why is the moon like a dollar?
Answer: Because it has four quarters.
8. What didn’t Adam and Eve have that everyone else has?
9. What kind of goose fights with snakes?
Answer: A mongoose.
10. My life can be measured in hours, I serve by being devoured. Thin, I am quick. Fat, I am slow. Wind is my foe.
11. When is music like vegetables?
Answer: When there are two beats (beets) to the measure.
12. What has a neck but no head?
Answer: A bottle.
13. What has an eye but can not see?
Answer: A needle.
14. What has 4 eyes but can’t see?
We hope you enjoyed our amazing collection of short riddles. Short riddles are a fun way to keep your mind sharp and put your friends, family, kids, and students’ analytical and critical thinking skills to the test.
Challenge everyone you know with these difficult riddles to see if they have genius-level talents. Riddles are a fun way to start a conversation or to break the ice at a party. They’re also great for just keeping your mind occupied.
Riddles are great brain exercises, and studies have proven that laughing is good for us, so what could be better for you than some of the best amusing short riddles and answers?
We’ve compiled a list of short riddles with answers that you can solve and then practice with whomever you like during your free time.
These short riddles will be amazing and entertaining to solve with your loved ones, as you compete to see who can come forward with the correct answer first.