Darkness riddles are the best for night stays. A night stay remains incomplete without having any creepy and scary chat in darkness. To make such a night even darker and scarier, you can play a dark riddles game rather than having decent conversations over such topics.
Darkness riddles are fun and scary as well. Riddles about darkness are only fun when they are played in a dark room. Obviously! You need to make a theme or mood to enjoy the riddles about darkness to the fullest.
There is no doubt that dark riddles can be annoying for the ones who get scared easily.
You must always have a group of people including the strong ones and the weak ones. This game can be a lot more fun with such a group.
To get the best out of the darkness, one must play the best darkness riddles game. You can also turn a boring night’s stay into fun with such riddles about darkness.
1. Always wax, yet always wane: I melt, succumbed to the flame. Lighting darkness, with fate unblest, I soon devolve to shapeless mess.
Answer: A candle.
2. The more there is of me the less you see. What Am I?
3. It can not be seen whenever it’s there. It fills up a room, it’s much like the air. It can not be touched, there’s nothing to hear. It is quite harmless, there’s nothing to fear.
4. How many Einsteins does it take to change a lightbulb?
Answer: That depends on the speed of the changer, and the mass of the bulb. Or vice versa, of course. Then it just might be easier to leave the bulb alone and change the room. It’s all relative.
Who says dark riddles are only meant to be scary. These can be funny too. You can take ideas for these funny dark riddles to have a package of fun along with horror.
1. They follow and lead, but only as you pass. Dress yourself in darkest black, And they are darker still. Always they flee the light, Though without the sun there would be none.
2. It can’t be seen, can’t be felt, can’t be heard and can’t be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills, and empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, ends life and kills laughter. What is it?
Answer: The Dark.
3. I can fly but I have no wings. I can cry but I have no eyes. Wherever I go, darkness follows me. What am I?
4. Where does bad light end up?
Answer: In a prism.
There should always be some ease for the people who aren’t that smart. Smart people get stuck sometimes. Easy darkness riddles play the role of refreshers in such situations.
1. If you had only one match, and entered a dark room containing an oil lamp, some newspaper, and some kindling wood, which would you light first?
Answer: The match.
2. He comes to bedsides, icy bridges, battlefronts, and crumbling ridges. When he comes, he comes alone, taps a shoulder, then is gone.
3. I was carried into a dark room, and set on fire. I wept, and then my head was cut off. What am I?
Answer: A candle.
4. I provide light but I’m not a candle. I’m hot but I’m not a bonfire. I have rays but I’m not an aquarium. I’m a star but I’m not a celebrity. I rise in the morning but I’m not someone getting out of bed. What am I?
Answer: The sun.
The smartness of the people who call themselves pretty smart must be tested. Playing hard dark riddles with such people can help you enjoy and test their smartness as well.
1. Its right behind you, And creeps on the ground, It follows you home, But does not make a sound. Careful when you turn around. What is it?
Answer: Your shadow.
2. On a dark, stormy Halloween night, four kids named Luke, John, Sarah and Bob walk into a haunted house during a blackout. Only one can escape. They take a staircase to the second floor, a trapdoor on the left, then go up the ladder to the right, followed by a 28-foot slide to the basement through the mouth of a Giant Panda. In one corner of the murky cellar is a chainsaw, a dagger, a rope with a noose and an electric chair. Written on the wall in blood are the words, Only one will survive choose your death! Bob takes the rope, Sarah picks up the dagger, John chooses the chainsaw and Luke uses the chair. Who survives?
Answer: Luke, because there’s no power (it’s during a blackout).
3. It cannot be seen, it cannot be felt, cannot be heard, cannot be smelt, Lies behind stars and under hills, And empty holes it fills. Comes first follows after, Ends life kills laughter. What am I?
4. How many theoretical physicists specializing in general relativity does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer: Two. One to hold the bulb and one to rotate the universe.
You might not always be in the mood to listen to a whole story riddle. For such situations, you can use these short dark riddles to enjoy the darkness without using too much of your brain.
1. Here you see nothing and over there you see nothing. What are you seeing?
Answer: Darkness riddle.
2. It was pitch black one evening. A girl was sitting on the balcony at 8 pm. There was no power in the house and the entire street was dark. She was reading a book. How?
Answer: She was blind and reading Braille.
3. I appear everywhere except in the dark. What am I?
4. It won’t help your eyes the more you have of it, the less you see. What is it?
If you are the best at a dark riddles game, you do not need to spend a lot of time finding the answers to the riddles. You can just choose some from such dark riddles with answers.
1. What stalks you by day, and is rid of by night? It hides in the darkness revealed by the light. A looming shade sprawled across the gravel you tread; the more illumination is given the more it is fed. It hides in the nightmares of body and mind. And if you dare seek it, only you will you find.
2. A man goes to bed at 9:45 pm. He makes himself a drink, then turns off the TV and the lights. The night was windy and there was a major storm. The next day he discovers he was the cause of seven deaths. How is this possible?
Answer: He lived in a lighthouse as lighthouse keeper. He turned off all the lights by accident, so a ship with 7 passengers couldn’t negotiate the rocky shores. One would think the light switches in a lighthouse would be more clearly marked.
3. There is an old horror house. It has no electricity, plumbing, or power of any sort. You go inside and see three doors. Each door has a number on it. In each door is a way for you to die. In door number one, you die by getting eaten by a lion. In door number two, you die by getting murdered. In door number three, you die by electric chair. You may not turn back so you have to go through a door. Which door do you go through?
Answer: Go through number three. You’ll survive because it’s an electric chair and there is no electricity.
4. Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out?
Answer: Stop imagining.
Doesn’t this sound so funny? Well yes, there are many such riddles about light and dark and they are a lot more fun than you can imagine.
1. I am different colors and hang on the Christmas tree. Plug me in and bright and sparkly I can be.
2. Got its name for a whisky from Scotland, but it is not one. It is shining, but has no reflection. What is it?
3. This is something that gives light. But it is not a sun ray.
It is what you will blow out. On a cake on your birthday.
4. What normally goes out at night and wakes up in the morning?
Answer: A light.
I guess dark riddles are enjoyed more by adults. They like such dark and scary topics. You can get ideas from these dark riddles for adults if you are planning a night with your friends.
1. Only one color, but not one size. Stuck at the bottom, yet I easily fly. Present in sun, but not in rain. Doing no harm, and feeling no pain. What Am I?
2. What is as big as you are and yet does not weigh anything?
3. I follow you all day long, But when the night or rain comes, I am all gone.
Answer: A shadow.
4. If will follow you for 1000 miles but not miss home. It desires neither food nor flowers. It fears not water, fire, knives, nor soldiers. But it disappears when the sun sets behind the western mountains. Who Am I?
If you think your kids are good at handling the horror of this game then you should try these darkness riddles for kids. Best of luck putting your kids to sleep.
1. What is dark but made out of light?
Answer: A shadow.
2. How did Thomas Edison invent the light bulb?
Answer: He had a bright idea.
3. If you walk into a cabin with a match a kerosene lamp and a fireplace which do you light first?
Answer: The match.
4. I exist where there is light but direct sunlight kills me, what am I?
Answer: A shadow.
Life is already moving so fast. Games like darkness riddles are a source of relief in such times. That is why it is important to take out some time for yourself and host some sort of dark night stay.
Make such night stays even more fun by playing dark riddles. Pick a group of people who you are the most comfortable with.
As riddles about darkness can even be scary. It is also important to have the dark riddles game as a theme. Prepare the room or space according to the category of dark riddles you have selected.
Darkness riddles can be fun too. There are some obvious darkness riddles too that can help you keep the game neutral. However, it is important to choose the right category of riddles for the right group of people.
Host a dark night at your place. Take ideas from all the dark riddles mentioned in this article and enjoy some of the best moments!