If you are looking for some best Christmas riddles, then stop your search because you have come to the exactly right spot. We have curated this collection of amazing Christmas brain teasers for you.
Christmas is a time when the entire family and friends are waiting for. Not only because there is a Christmas party with Santa Claus, Christmas trees, and, of course, Christmas gifts, but also because everyone brings great energy with them.
Christmas is a holiday of pleasure, happiness, and sharing that is traditionally celebrated with family and friends. You may pass the time with family and friends this Christmas by playing a few brain teasers, which will make everyone thrilled and curious.
You can get everyone excited by asking them to solve a couple of the most difficult Christmas riddles. Stroll down at some of the most intriguing riddles about Christmas. We hope you like them and have a very Merry Christmas!
Best Christmas Riddles
A Christmas party or Christmas eve party has a plethora of items that can be used to create Christmas riddles. And when these Christmas brain teasers appear, everyone is bound to be enthralled. Examine it for yourself. Here are a number of best Christmas riddles that will pique everyone’s interest.
1. A ballet of yore and a character alright. I’m performed and enjoyed on Christmas night. I was written in Russia and made in whole, and I have music that makes you hum along. What am I?
Answer: The Nutcracker.
2. What to phrases are you most likely to see on a Christmas present tag?
Answer: To and From.
3. Sweet as candy, double as fun. Named like a fruit, half the work is done. Found on Christmas, I am a treat for everyone. What am I?
Answer: A Sugar Plum.
4. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Claus like to swim?
Answer: The North Pool!
5. You buy me to eat, but you will never eat me– not even on Christmas. What am I?
6. These are found in the Harry Potter books and in Lord of The Rings too. They help make Christmas gifts that Santa brings to you. What are they?
7. I come with many colors, very big and bright, I turn so many houses into a beautiful sight. What am I?
Answer: Christmas lights.
8. You can take off its skin and still it won’t cry, but you will be in a pool of tears while making a Christmas meal. What is it?
Answer: An onion.
9. What do you get when you cross a bird with a turtle?
Answer: A turtle dove.
10. Open me every day for something that can’t be beat. Behind each of the doors, you will discover a tasty treat. What am I?
Answer: Advent calendar.
11. What did the little boy’s mom say when he asked for a puppy for Christmas?
Answer: “No, you can have turkey like everyone else.”
12. You’re invited to attend a Christmas party on a cruise ship. When you arrive, you see many people having fun on the boat, but when you board the cruise, there is no single person to be found. How is that even possible?
Answer: Because on the cruise, everybody is married!
13. I’m a holiday plant that only blooms near Christmas. You might think I’m spiky by my name– yet I am not. What am I?
Answer: A Christmas Cactus.
14. You can hold me and shake me, but I’m easy to break. I have lots of snow, even though it’s all fake! What am I?
Answer: A snowglobe.
15. What is the place where there is Christmas before Thanksgiving?
Answer: The dictionary is the only place where you can find Christmas before Thanksgiving.
Funny Christmas Riddles
Funny things never go out of style, and even some of your favorite yucks from your own youth are sure to make the smaller crowd laugh. After all, the finest gift you can offer someone is happiness, and these funny Christmas riddles are sure to bring it. Check out this list of some Xmas riddles.
1. What always has needles but can never sew?
Answer: A Christmas tree.
2. What do snowmen do when they’re angry at you?
Answer: Give you the cold shoulder.
3. What do you wait for all year long and it just end up looking like a giant human’s sock?
Answer: Christmas stockings.
4. Which Christmas bird moves the slowest?
Answer: A turtle dove.
5. Why did Santa get a parking ticket on Christmas Eve?
Answer: He left his sleigh in the snow parking zone.
6. You place a skirt around my bottom once I’ve been chopped. On the other end, a star or angel is how I get topped. What am I?
Answer: Christmas tree.
7. I’m a cookie you might like to eat, and some might say I’m a favored Christmas treat. I have brown arms, eyes, and don’t forget my feet.
What am I?
Answer: A gingerbread man.
8. Although it might look like I belong on your toes, I’m actually hung up for gifts as every child knows. What am I?
Answer: Christmas stocking.
9. I am a helpful creature– I’m not too big and not too small. Out of all my fellow reindeer, you could say I’m the fastest of them all. Who am I?
10. I am a plant seen every Christmas which people hang up above and then they stand beneath me and kiss someone they love. What am I?
11. What do elves learn in the classroom?
Answer: The elf-abet.
12. I am tall when I am young, and I am short when I am old. What am I?
Answer: A Christmas candle.
13. What is always right in front of you but you can’t see it?
Answer: Next Christmas.
14. What is the perfect thing to put into the Christmas pie?
Answer: Your teeth!
Christmas Riddles with Answers
Riddles for Christmas, along with a Christmas tree, and a Christmas party, are the greatest ways to engage guests and family members. Make the Christmas season more enjoyable by having everyone answer these Christmas riddles with answers.
1. I get chopped down, decorated all over, and I have wings on top. What am I?
Answer: A Christmas tree.
2. You might make me this Christmas so that you can stuff me in your face. A cake, icing, and candy make an edible dwelling place. What am I?
Answer: Gingerbread house.
3. We traveled from the East, following a big, bright star, bringing gifts to the newborn King. Who were we?
Answer: The 3 wise men.
4. I can be made from evergreens, pine cones, or berries, and I am round. On the front door of someone’s house, at Christmastime I am found. What am I?
5. You can catch me easily, especially around Christmastime, but you can never throw me. What am I?
Answer: A cold.
6. I drop from the sky far more beautiful than rain. There are no two pieces that’ll ever look the same. What am I?
7. If the end of the year is December 31st, what is the end of Christmas?
Answer: The letter ‘s’.
8. We traveled from the East, following a bright star, bringing gifts to the newborn King. Who were we?
Answer: The three wise men.
9. Where do you find Santa’s reindeer?
Answer: It depends on where you left them.
10. What Christmas carol is a fervent hope that you thoroughly enjoy your yuletide season?
Answer: We Wish You a Merry Christmas.
11. What does Santa call his red-nosed reindeer when he gets a little sassy?
12. Christmas was just around the corner, and a sincerely honest politician, a lovely and genuinely kind lawyer, and Santa were sharing the elevator in an expensive 5-star hotel. They all saw a $100 bill on the floor of the elevator. Who do you think picked up the bill?
Answer: Santa—the other two don’t exist!
13. Why do Santa’s reindeer always fly over the mountain?
Answer: They can’t fly under it.
14. Why wouldn’t the turkey want to have a fancy Christmas meal during Christmas time?
Answer: Because it is already stuffed by then.
15. What do Santa’s beard and a Christmas tree have in common?
Answer: they both need trimming.
Hardest Christmas Riddles
Here are some of the best, but most difficult Christmas riddles to solve. To solve them, you might have to begin working on them on Christmas Eve! If you don’t believe us, see if you can figure out the answers to these hard Christmas riddles for yourself.
1. On Christmas Eve, Santa leaves his workshop in the North Pole to deliver presents to all the good children. What direction does he travel?
Answer: South. The only direction you can travel from the North Pole is South.
2. It has two colors and is minty yet sweet. You’ll be “hooked”—isn’t that neat! What is it?
Answer: Candy cane.
3. If otters keep their money in riverbanks, where does Frosty the Snowman keep his money?
Answer: He keeps his money in a snowbank.
4. While I was snug in my bassinet on Christmas Day, my mother, Mary, sat nearby and sang me a lullaby. Who am I?
Answer: Baby Jesus.
5. When does Christmas come before Thanksgiving?
Answer: In the dictionary.
6. Rip this off quickly so it can no longer hide your precious gift that is concealed inside. What is it?
Answer: Wrapping paper.
7. I’m a catchy carol and a tune that likes to rhyme, I contain 12 magnificent gifts that come around Christmas time. What am I?
Answer: The twelve days of Christmas song.
8. When going around the world, I can find the way. I go to every country while helping pull Santa’s sleigh. What am I?
9. I could keep a giant’s foot warm, and people look forward to finding me near the fireplace. What am I?
Answer: A Christmas stocking.
10. These are what Santa likes to eat. At every house he stops, he’s looking for this treat. What are these?
Answer: The 12 Days of Christmas song.
11. You have no idea what I am, yet you wait for me every year. I rattle when you shake me, but you still don’t know what’s inside. What am I?
Answer: A present.
12. What do you call the fear of Santa Claus?
13. I’m grumpy and green and I stole all the presents in one night. But then my heart grew and I made everything right. Who am I?
Answer: The Grinch.
14. If you hear me at night, you better get to sleep because I’m attached to Santa’s sleigh. What am I?
Answer: Jingle bells.
15. What do you get when you cross an apple and a Christmas tree?
Answer: You will get a pineapple.
Fun Christmas Riddles
If you’re looking for a low-key challenge, look no further. To solve these simple and humorous Christmas riddles, you probably won’t have to scratch your head too much. Check out this collection of holiday riddles to make your day in a fun way.
1. If a lion wrote a Christmas album, what would it be called?
Answer: Jungle Bells.
2. I am a ball that does not bounce. What am I?
Answer: A snowball.
3. What’s the only kind of egg you can drink?
4. The inn was so full in this little town. So in a manger, they laid Him down. They would come to this City of David to pay their taxes, Herod’s law to obey. What city was this?
5. What kind of laundry detergent does Santa Claus prefer?
Answer: Yule Tide.
6. What is every parent’s favorite Christmas carol?
Answer: Silent Night.
7. Frosty The Snowman went to see the dermatologist because his head was itchy and dry. What does the snowman get when he itches his dandruff?
8. I’m a favorite saint, beloved by kids. I ride on a sleigh that is loaded with gifts. Who am I?
Answer: Saint Nicholas.
9. What do you call it after all the Christmas gifts have been opened?
10. I hide around the house, moving during the nights. Santa sent me to see who’s naughty and nice. What am I?
Answer: The Elf on the Shelf.
11. What do you call a vampire when he gets stuck in the snow?
12. Every Christmas Eve, what kind of question can children never answer yes to?
Answer: “Are you asleep yet?”
13. What type of fruit do you eat at Christmas that isn’t very healthy?
14. If Santa’s five elves can take five minutes to make five dolls, then how long will 100 elves need to make 100 dolls?
Answer: Only five minutes.
15. What did the bald man ask as a gift from Santa Claus that he promised he would never part with?
Answer: A comb!
Christmas Riddles for Adults
Our collection of adult Christmas riddles is the perfect addition to your holiday gathering. Try to solve these riddles as many as you can and then share these hard Christmas riddles for adults with answers with your relatives and friends.
1. What did the snow woman do to the snowman when she was upset with him?
Answer: She gave him the cold shoulder.
2. What’s Frosty’s favorite snack?
Answer: Snow cones.
3. If you are related to Mr. and Mrs. Claus, what is your relation?
Answer: A relative clause.
4. How do kids always know when Santa Claus is around?
Answer: They sense his presents!
5. Santa Claus rides in a sleigh– the 3 wise men traveled by elephant, horse and camel. What do the elves ride around in?
Answer: A minivan.
6. Where does a snowman usually keep his money?
Answer: A snow bank.
7. This ring is made of leaves, flowers, fruits, twigs, and more. At wintertime, it hangs on your front door. What could it be?
Answer: A Christmas wreath.
8. What is the best Christmas gift you could get?
Answer: A broken drum—it can’t be beat!
9. What does the gingerbread man put on his bed instead of a blanket?
Answer: A cookie sheet.
10. It gets killed. It gets dressed. It gets trinkets, and everyone smiles, looking at its star. What is it?
Answer: Christmas tree.
11. Which one of Santa’s reindeer can you see from outer space?
12. In what year do Christmas and New Year’s Day happen in the same year?
Answer: Every year!
13. What do you call a snowman in July?
Answer: A puddle.
14. I have needles all over me but cannot sew anything. Who am I?
Answer: A Christmas Tree!
15. Which year would Christmas and New year come in the same year?
Answer: Every year.
Christmas Riddles for Kids
It’s usually a good idea to have these Christmas riddles for kids on hand. Don’t be shocked if they make your whole family laugh, from the very young to the very old. When you’re playing Christmas games, sprinkle them in.
1. Why can’t a Christmas tree stand up?
Answer: It doesn’t have legs.
2. It is found in Christmas socks, Christmas scarves, and Christmas mittens, and often in the paws of playful kittens. What is it?
3. What holiday songs do fish sing?
Answer: Christmas Corals
4. What tool does Santa use in his garden?
Answer: A Ho Ho Ho!
5. What did the bald man say when someone gave him a comb for Christmas?
Answer: Thanks, I’ll never part with it.
6. I am an egg, but I’m meant to be drunk. What type of egg am I?
7. Who delivers Christmas presents to dogs every year?
Answer: Santa Paws.
8. Who will never be hungry during Christmas?
Answer: A stuffed turkey!
9. Why do mummies love Christmas?
Answer: Because of all the wrapping.
10. It has a body with crispy arms, white eyes, and funny feet. You might love to eat this too. What is it?
Answer: Gingerbread man.
11. What does a snowman eat for a snack?
Answer: Snow cones.
12. What can’t be put inside a saucepan while cooking for the Christmas dinner?
Answer: The lid.
13. Which of Santa’s reindeer will you find on Valentine’s Day?
14. This is a Christmas carol that has no sound or music. What is it?
Answer: The Silent Night.
Christmas Riddles about Santa Claus
These secret Santa riddles are the greatest to concentrate on during the Christmas season because they can be appreciated by both youngsters and adults. After all, who doesn’t want to be on Santa’s good side? Explore some Santa Claus riddles with answers in the following list.
1. Who says “Oh, Oh, Oh”?
Answer: Santa walking backwards.
2. What is something that travels around the globe like Santa Claus, yet never leaves its corner?
Answer: A postage stamp.
3. How do kids know when Santa is around?
Answer: They can sense his presents!
4. What is something that travels all around the world like Santa Claus, but never leaves its corner?
Answer: A stamp.
5. Where does Santa Claus hang up his suit after delivering Christmas presents?
Answer: In the claus-et.
6. What do you call someone’s fear of Santa Claus?
7. Santa was having problems with his legs and couldn’t walk so he went to the hospital to ask the doctor if he could recommend something for him. What did the doctor give to Santa to help him to walk?
Answer: A candy cane.
8. What is red and white, red and white, and red and white again?
Answer: Santa Claus falling down a hill.
9. Santa Claus rides on it as he gives out gifts. To it, his nine helpers are hitched. What is it?
Answer: Elf on The Shelf.
10. Santa Claus rides on it as he gives out gifts, and to it nine reindeer are hitched. What is it?
11. Why is Santa so good at karate?
Answer: Because he wears a black belt.
12. When Santa Claus sets off from the North Pole during Christmas Eve, in which direction does he usually travel?
Answer: South. Because everywhere is south of the North Pole.
13. What did Mrs. Claus say to her husband when she looked up at the sky?
Answer: It looks like rain dear.
14. Santa Claus will be doing his own laundry. What detergent will he use?
Christmas Riddles for the Office
If you’ve ever attempted to solve a funny Christmas riddle, we’re sure you couldn’t help but laugh, right? But don’t worry, we’re here to assist you. Check out this collection of Christmas riddles for the office to choose from.
1. What is Frosty The Snowman’s favorite breakfast food?
Answer: Frosted Flakes.
2. Why is Santa really good at karate?
Answer: Because he has a black belt.
3. Who is always full and never hungry on Christmas?
Answer: A stuffed turkey.
4. People hang this, but it is not a picture. It is green in color, but it is not a coat. It is a plant, but it is not a mint. It is seen mostly in December, but it is not the Christmas tree. What is it?
5. What is the one food that will make you cry on Christmas?
6. Shiny and bright, these colorful strings light up the night. What are they?
Answer: Christmas lights.
7. You can hold me and even shake me, but I’m easy to break. I have lots of snow, but it’s all fake! What am I?
Answer: A snow globe.
8. What is a parent’s favorite Christmas carol?
9. How is it that Christmas is made up of the English alphabet but is still different from the English alphabet?
Answer: Because you get No-EL in Christmas.
10. It is red and white, it is moving in circles, and it is red and white again, and red and white. What is it?
Answer: Santa’s clothes inside a washing machine.
11. What is a Spanish sheep’s favorite Christmas tune?
Answer: Fleece Navidad.
12. What has a lot of needles but can’t sew?
Answer: A Christmas tree!
13. What did Adam exclaim the day before Christmas?
Answer: It’s Christmas, Eve!
14. Who was the one man who has cookie sheets covering his bed?
Answer: The Gingerbread Man!
15. I hang around for spreading happiness during Christmas. What am I?
Answer: A wreath.
Christmas Riddles and Brain Teasers
Who doesn’t enjoy an amazing brain teaser or a difficult riddle? If you believe you’re an expert at solving difficult Christmas brain teasers, put your skills to the test with these Christmas riddles with answers.
1. He is a man during the winter, but you might drink him during the summer. Who is he?
Answer: A snowman.
2. When did Christmas and New Year’s Day both fall on the same day?
Answer: They fall on the same day (of the week) every year!
3. I am a colored strip that you can on your tree. Reflective and shiny is how you will always find me. What am I?
4. How do Christmas bells tell you they want to stay in touch?
Answer: “Give me a ring!”
5. Santa returns to the North Pole after Christmas. Where do you think he hangs his suit after using it?
Answer: Inside the Claus-et.
6. How do snowglobes feel about Christmas?
Answer: It always leaves them a little shaken.
7. Known for having pointy ears and making Christmas toys. Which Santa then delivers to all the good girls and boys. Who are we?
Answer: Santa’s elves.
8. How did Frosty know he had dandruff?
Answer: The snowflakes.
9. Why does the alphabet get shorter at Christmas time?
Answer: Because it has no L (NOEL).
10. What is something you can keep after giving it to someone?
Answer: Your word.
11. What is it called when you put up decor in the entryways?
Answer: Deck the halls!
12. I get killed. I get dressed. I get trinkets, and everyone smiles, looking at my star. What am I?
Answer: A Christmas tree.
13. I like to rhyme, and I have 12 larger than life gifts that you would get around the Christmas season. What am I?
Answer: The famous Christmas carol that is named, ’12 days of Christmas’.
14. I am metallic. I am shiny, and I love hanging around during the Christmas party. What am I?
15. Parents get Christmas presents of 16 computer games for 3 of their children. The oldest gets 1/2, the middle one 1/4, and the youngest gets 1/8 of the games. How many games did the children receive individually, and how many did the parents get?
Answer: 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 when given a common denominator of 16 give the result of 8 games, 4 games, and 2 games and leaves the parents with 2 games for themselves.
Final Thoughts on Christmas Riddles
It’s that time of year for Christmas happiness! Why not put some witty and clever Christmas riddles to the test when you’re snug home with friends and family? This collection of funny riddles about Christmas for kids and adults is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face this holiday season.
Riddles are language-based brain puzzles that need lateral thinking to solve. They are ranging from simple and easy to solve to major brain teasers, and we’ve gathered a few of the latter for your entertainment.
The significant brain teasers on this list may need a lot of brain work to solve, but it certainly feels good when you do!
We hope you enjoyed these Christmas riddles and answers as much as we did! These Christmas brain teasers will keep your thinking sharp and help you get into the holiday spirit. Spread the holiday cheer by sharing them with family and friends.