Animals are quite popular among children. So, with our selection of animal riddles for kids, what could be the better way to keep your kids occupied and stimulate their minds?
The natural affection that children have for animals appears to be universal. While most adults respect animals based on their human relationships, young children appear to value animals just because they are.
Thus, keeping your kids entertained with a few animal riddles is one of the best ideas when they are annoyed or not feeling themselves. These riddles will not only entertain them but will also increase children’s interest in living things.
So, whether you are planning a long drive with your children or arranging an animal-themed birthday party for them, these riddles about animals could be a fun activity to do with them.
Be ready to get into the world of animal riddles with answers, and save all the funny animal riddles for the later purpose to spend quality time with your kids.
Best Animal Riddles
Are you seeking the best animal riddles? Glad, that you have stopped at the right place as this article has covered quite a number of riddles on animals. Have a look at the riddles below and share your feedback in the comments section.
1. My start goes on toast, and my end’s how birds move. My baby eats leaves but I drink flowers. What am I?
2. I have two long ears, and I don’t walk, I hop. What am I?
Answer: A Rabbit.
3. What jumps when it walks and sits when it stands?
4. The strangest creature you’ll ever find: Two eyes in front and many more behind.
5. The height of my legs usually around 6 feet is taller than most humans. What animal am I?
Answer: A giraffe.
6. I have four legs and a tail. I have no teeth. I can swim and dive underwater. I carry my house around with me. I am a…
7. Only polar bears and brown bears are bigger than me amongst land carnivores. One more thing, I have a tail that is about three feet long. What animal am I?
Answer: A tiger.
8. I am an animal of few letters, remove the second and you can’t see, change it to l and I’m a punishment, yet backwards I’m a game. What am I?
9. I have soft fur. I hop in bushes. I wiggle my little nose and thump my great big feet. What am I?
Answer: A Bunny.
10. I climb trees but I’m not a cat I hibernate but I’m not a bear I eat nuts but I’m not a bird I’m a type of rodent but I’m not a rat I have a bushy tail but I’m not a fox. Who am I?
11. It’s a scary reptile. A giant lizard with wings. Because it can breathe fire. Great fear is what it brings. What is it?
12. What animal is made up of calcium, nickel and neon?
Answer: A Canine.
13. It is a big and bulky mammal and has a trunk just like a tree. Will store water in its nose, which is long and like a hose.
Funny Animal Riddles
Animals are ideal subjects for riddles because of their startling variety and quirky personalities. We have managed to gather some funny animal riddles that would make the children laugh out loud.
1. I live in a bowl. I can swim. I have a tail. I also have fins and big eyes. What am I?
2. The alphabet goes from A to Z but I go Z to A. What am I?
Answer: A Zebra.
3. I am an animal named after the animal that I eat. What am I?
4. If a man would carry my burden, he would break his back. I am not rich, but leave silver in my track. Who am I?
5.Agile on my feet, I drive dogs mad. I flick my tail when I’m angry and hum when I’m glad. What am I?
6. I’m an animal that holds the distinction of being the first word in many English dictionaries. What animal am I?
Answer: The aardvark.
7. What animal is best at hitting a baseball?
Answer: A Bat.
8. I hatch from an egg. I swim in water. Then I grow legs. Soon I will hop on the ground. I say “Ribbit, Ribbit, CROAK.” What am I?
Answer: A Frog.
9. What do you get if cross two young dogs with a pair of headphones?
Answer: Hush puppies.
10. A black dog lies on a black road. No streetlights are on. A car with broken headlights comes down the road but avoids the dog. How did the driver see the dog?
Answer: It was daytime.
11. What do you get if you cross a cocker spaniel, a poodle and a rooster?
12. What is three storeys high and moves through the Jungle at 15 mph?
Answer: A giraffe on roller skates.
13. What did the duck say at the end of his meal at the restaurant when the waiter brought him the check?
Answer: I already have a bill.
14. It takes me two weeks to digest food, but then again, I’m not noted for being fast. What animal am I?
Answer: The sloth.
15. Why did the chicken, the pheasant, turkey, duck, and goose get in trouble?
Answer: Because of their fowl language.
Easy Animal Riddles
Oh mama, don’t you worry! We have got your back with these amazing easy animal riddles to keep your kiddo distracted. Get your hands on these now, before you’re your little one starts bothering you again!
1. You might be called this animal, If someone thinks that you’re afraid. This is something that you might eat as well as its eggs that it laid. Which animal am I?
2. I live upside down. I see with my ears and don’t use my eyes, and on Halloween, I’ll give you a big surprise. What am I?
Answer: A bat.
3. I like to hop around. I’m a tadpole when I’m young. I am green and I croak. And catch flies with my long tongue. What am I?
4. A warrior amongst the flowers, He bears a thrusting sword. Able and ready to use, To guard his golden hoard.
5. I have four legs and a long furry tail. I eat oats and hay. I love to run fast. I let people ride on my back. Who am I?
6. What spends the day at the window, goes to the table for meals and hides at night?
Answer: A Fly.
7. What is it that a cat has that no other animal can have?
8. I am small and colorful. I have got big wings. I live in gardens. I used to be a caterpillar. What am I?
9. This is a brave animal and we know this because he has a courage medal from the Wizard of Oz. What is it?
10. Some types slither on the ground and some can live up in the tree. Adders, vipers and cobras.What kind of animals are these?
11. My name rhymes with steal but I’m not an eel. I like to swim in the sea but don’t let a polar bear see me. What am I?
Hard Animal Riddles
If you claim to know the animal kingdom well, then go get these hard animal riddles now! Once you master these hard riddles, try asking them to your buddies as well to check who is the intelligently witty person in your circle.
1. I might be tiny but I can lift things that are about 5000 times my weight, if I want to climb a tower that is tall and mighty. What am I?
2. I am a strange creature, hovering in the air, moving from here to there, with a brilliant flare. Some say I sing, but others say I have no voice, so I just hum as a matter of choice. What am I?
Answer: A hummingbird.
3. Some people are scared of this creature. Because it can have a big bite. So be careful out in the ocean. One of its kind is a Great White. What is it?
4. I hang upside-down on trees. I’m the opposite of busy bees. I sleep and sleep, I’m very slow, and on each foot I have three toes. Who am I?
5. Stealthy as a shadow in the dead of night, cunning but affectionate if given a bite. Never owned but often loved. At my sport considered cruel but that’s because you never know me at all. What am I?
6. His eyes were raging, that scraggly beast. His lips were bursting, with rows of angry teeth. Upon his back a razor was found. It was a fearsome battle we fought, my life – or his, one would be bought. And when we were through, and death chilled the air, we cut out his heart, and ate it with flair. Who is he?
Answer: A Boar.
7. I have bigger eyes than any other mammal that lives on land. I’m an animal whose height is measured in hands (about 4 inches = one hand). Most of my kin are about 15.2 hands tall or 5 feet, 2 inches. What animal am I?
Answer: A horse.
8. I’m able to turn my head around 270 degrees and I’m noted for being quiet in flight. What bird am I?
Answer: An owl.
9. A prickly house a little host contains; The pointed weapons keep back from pains, So he, unarmed, safe in his fort remains. What is it?
10. One where none should be, or maybe where two should be, seeking out purity, in the kings trees. What am I?
11. I can sizzle like bacon, I am made with an egg, I have plenty of backbone, but lack a good leg, I peel layers like onions, but still remain whole, I can be long, like a flagpole, yet fit in a hole. Who am I?
12. You know I spend about 70% of my life sleeping (and not just my teenage years). I can jump 5 times my heigh, and I walk like camels and giraffes — both right feet and then both left feet. I can make up to 100 sounds, but I’m known for just one. What animal am I?
Answer: A cat.
Animal Riddles with Answers
Kids always ask some strange questions that parents are unable to answer at times. Here are a few animal riddles with answers to keep the parents at ease when spending quality time with their kids.
1. I look like you except I have a tail, I am a good tree climber. I can mimic you very easily. I eat fruits, insects and flowers. My favorite food is bananas. What am I?
2. I’m an animal you might love, but I’m too big to be your pet. I have an extremely long trunk, and it’s said I never forget. What am I?
Answer: An elephant.
3. I’m spotty and speedy, but not at all greedy. I look like a leopard, but don’t try to play me at cards. What am I?
4. A guy always in armor, but never been at war. Sleeps in armor, walks in armor. Slow he is, but heavy is the armor. No sword, no bow, spear. Who is it?
5. I live in the ocean. I like to eat crabs. I can change colours. My eight legs are called tentacles. Who am I?
6. This is something black and white. But it’s not an old TV. It’s a type of animal that starts with the letter Z. What is it?
7. I can eat up to 20 pounds per day of meat from animals like deer, elk, and moose. I can sometimes roam up to 12 miles a day. What animal am I?
Answer: A wolf.
8. I like to stay awake at night and sleep during the day. Who am I?
9. I have a mane but I’m not a lion and I wear my shoes to bed. What am I?
Answer: A horse.
10. A king without a crown, I sound untruthful but can’t talk. What am I?
11. Creeping on its belly, curled into a ring. Eyes forever open, beware its lethal sting. What is it?
12. If you go out on a boat and stay there until it’s late, What is it that you might catch with a rod, hook and some bait?
13. I’m the biggest species in the sea. Most creatures let me be. I can shoot water out of my head, and never need a bed. What am I?
14. I am not very commonly found! Only in some rainforest! I have an odd number of toes! I’m very lazy and hang upside down! What am I?
Animal Riddles for Adults
If you are a kid who is in search of riddles to bamboozle their adults, well then get yourself hooked to this page because this hub has got a bunch of animal riddles for adults to ask them.
1. I have no sword, I have no spear, yet rule a horde which many fear, my soldiers fight with a wicked sting, I rule with might, yet am no king. What am I?
Answer: A queen bee.
2. I’m born pink in color but then change to black and white. I’m easy to feed, as my favorite food is bamboo. What animal am I?
Answer: A panda bear.
3. My name is spelled similar to a type of alcohol, and like a drunk, I can sleep for a long long time. I also rhyme with the thing humans need the most.
What am I?
Answer: A Bear.
4. There’s lots of me at thanksgiving. But you don’t want me to be wasted. Because my meat’s really juicy. Just so long as I have been basted. Who am I?
5. This is a type of animal of which Nutkin was a male. They climb trees and collect nuts and they have a bushy tail. What is it?
6. My arms are longer than my legs. I’ve been taught to use sign language. Most experts believe that my strength is 10X my body weight. What animal am I?
Answer: A gorilla.
7. I wear a tuxedo in the snow and skate on my tummy across the ice. What am I?
Answer: A penguin.
8. What king can you make if you take the head of a lamb, the middle of a pig,
the hind of a buffalo, and the tail of a dragon?
9. I move without wings, between silken strings, I leave as you find, my substance behind. What am I?
10. I have the bill of a duck, webbed feet, a tail like a beaver, and I lay eggs. What animal am I?
Answer: A platypus.
11. I am partly blind but can still see. I have legs but only use them for sleeping. What am I?
12. I am the only bird in the Chinese Zodiac Calendar. Hint: I’m an early riser. Who am I?
Answer: A Rooster.
13. When in water, I use my flippers to glide and on snow, on my belly I’ll slide. What am I?
14. I’m a red creature from the sea with large claws, or pincers, and I’m often boiled and served as an expensive dish at seafood restaurants.
Animal Riddles for Kids
Since kids have a unique relationship with animals, we have decided to compile a couple of easy animal riddles for kids that will keep their tiny minds occupied for hours as they try to hunt down the answer. Check it out!
1. I am known as a king, and the jungle’s where I reign. It is hard to tame me, and I have a large mane. What am I?
Answer: A lion.
2. With four oars it swims but it is always at home. Its back is like armor, tougher than chrome. What is it?
3. I’ve a hole in my back and legs I lack. I live where I can’t breathe and I eat without teeth. Who am I?
4. I am big and white and furry and I like to swim and run. I eat seals for my meals and weigh about half a ton. Who am I?
Answer: Polar Bear.
5. I’m a pet that has four legs and a tail at the end. You might hear me barking and I’m known as man’s best friend. Who am I?
6. I’m the only cat that lives in groups – royal bloodlines deserve a court. What animal am I?
Answer: A lion.
7. What do you call a bird that hates the winter months?
8. My name sounds like something you might use on your hair or eat for dessert. What am I?
Answer: A moose.
9. What peels like an onion but still remains whole?
10. I build a home of sticky string and catch my prey with a bite or sting. Who am I?
11. I never leave water but I breathe air. I live in a school all my life. What am I?
12. I am an insect. A hive is my home. I eat some pollen to make honeycomb. Who am I?
Answer: A Bee.
13. When it is Easter, I go hopping around leaving lots of eggs which then need to be found. Who am I?
Answer: Easter Bunny.
14. I’m bigger than a cow, can peel my own bananas, and don’t eat meat. What animal am I?
Answer: An elephant.
Farm Animal Riddles
Farmers are known for their ability to share jokes, anecdotes, and fish tales. After all, you need a sense of humor to deal with everything that happens on the farm every day! Here is a list of farm animal riddles to make your day much better!
1. I live on a farm and I’m pink. I go around saying “oink..oink.” If you come close, you’ll realize I stink. What am I?
2. I am farm animal. I can live on a farm or in the mountains. I like to kick. I also give milk and people can make yummy cheese from it.
3. This provides meat that you would eat, when breakfast you are making. A chicken is what gives the eggs. And this is what gives bacon? What is it?
4. When I’m born, I have white spots that disappear as I get older. The spots help me blend into my surroundings. My coat is usually light brown in color. What animal am I?
Answer: A deer.
5. I am a domestic animal living in the field. I like to eat grass and produce milk. Who am I?
6. It’s grey, but it’s not a wolf, Long-eared, but not a rabbit, With hooves, but not a cow. What is it?
7. I plough fields, but never sow. I’ve a corkscrew tail and snuffly nose.
Answer: A pig.
8. They live in a field. Milk is what they make. They help give us leather and a juicy steak. What are they?
9. What animal always sleeps with its shoes on?
10. I stink in living but when dead smells good. What am I?
11. I am yellow and have webbed feet. I can swim in the water.
12. You see me on a farm, and I chew cud. My spots are famous even in the mud. I don’t speak no bull when I say that my life is never dull. What am I?
Who Am I Animal Riddles
“I am an animal who is named after the animal I eat” Who am I? Anteater, you guys! If you need more ‘who am I animal riddles’ like these, keep the ball rolling because we won’t disappoint you!
1. I have no legs so I crawl on my belly. I sleep with my eyes open and curl into a ring. But, don’t disturb me because I have a lethal sting. Who am I?
2. I live in the woods. I am very big and furry. I like to eat fish and berries. I love honey as much as you do. Who am I?
Answer: A bear.
3. My wings are used as flippers, so in water I can flow. Sometimes when on land I slide on my belly in the snow.
4. I’m a backwards dog but I’m not a god. I wag my tail when I’m angry and growl when I’m happy. Who am I?
5. My name comes from the Greeks and means “river horse.” I’m widely regarded as one of the most dangerous animals in Africa. Despite my girth and short legs, I can outrun humans. What animal am I?
Answer: A hippopotamus.
6. I can jump, I can swim, I swing from tree to tree and I make a house much bigger than myself. Who am I?
7. I stand on four legs and a wagging tail at the end, I bark when I see strangers or my friend. Who am I?
8. Full of dark, filled with everything Both on my skin they color. With my pack, I am always Afraid of the cat. What am I?
9. I’ve got lumps on my back and I live on the sand. I’m strong and I carry you over the land. Who am I?
10. I am a bird, I am a fruit, I am a person. Who am I?
11. I have whiskers and live as a pet at home. Who am I?
12. I carry my home with me, whether I’m in water or on land. Who am I?
13. I like to steal food. I’m rarely in a good mood. It looks like I have two black eyes. And I’m smaller in size. Who am I?
Rhyming Animal Riddles
Is your kid learning some rhyming words these days? If so, then utilize this opportunity in the best possible way by asking these rhyming animal riddles to your kids. Have a look!
1. I have horns, but I do not beep. I like to bleat, but I am not a sheep. Who am I?
Answer: A goat.
2. I love to curl up on your lap. I know your home like a map. I might catch a mouse or two. Because that is just what I do. What am I?
3. Oh how I love my dancing feet! They stay together – oh so neat. And when I want to walk a line, They all stay together and do double time. I count them up, ten times or more, and race on-off, across the floor.
4. I’m bigger than a house, scared of a mouse, have great big toes and a hose for a nose.
5. One of my favorite things is to run around the park. If I am unhappy then you might hear me bark. Who am I?
6. I have 2 legs, a tail and wings. But as hard as I try I still cannot fly. I eat worms, grains and bugs Sadly, I’m not an animal that gets many hugs I work very hard laying eggs in my coop and most people like to put me in soup! Who am I?
Answer: I am a hen.
7. I’m big and fluffy, and a little bit scruffy. I live in the woods and give big hugs, and if I live on your bed you might call me Ted.
8. My clothes are jet black and I have two black cats. I make magic spells with spiders and rats. What am I?
9. I’ve a crown on my head like a king, but sound a disgrace when I sing. I’ve fewer eyes on my face than my tail, especially when I’m a male.
10. Cupid without a bow, Donner with no kebab, one who dances, one who prances, all dragging present-giving dad. What am I?
Answer: A reindeer.
11. I’m a little fuzzy creature you might keep in a cage. However, I’m really good at not showing my age. I kind of look like a rat, but my cheeks get really fat. What am I?
12. My first is in ocean but never in sea. My second’s in wasp but never in bee. My third is in glider and also in flight. My whole is a creature that comes out at night.
Final Thoughts on Animal Riddles
When you make learning exciting for children, it becomes a lot more enjoyable for them. Using something like children’s animal riddles as a teaching tool can help to expand their minds and develop critical thinking skills.
Whether these animal riddles are asked during a birthday party, Halloween party, family picnics, or on long school trips to the animal zoo, it could always be a fun challenge for the little students to think out of the box.
For this reason, we have put our utmost effort to gather all the riddles about animals, so your kids may keep entertained and learn new things in a joyful manner.
Conclusively, this hub has got every kind of animal riddles for kids as well as for adults. This selection of animal riddles and answers is pure joy for all the animal lovers out there!
So, what are you waiting for, share these riddles with your little buddies and be ready for some hilarious responses.