An email has been released that came from Obama administration National Security Adviser Susan Rice. It’s very odd and warrants examination. She sent it to herself just minutes after President Donald Trump took office. Why would you do that? Unless of course it was to protect Barack Obama, which my guess is exactly what it was for. The email contains notes from a January 5th, 2017 meeting on “Russian hacking during the 2016 presidential election” between then-President Barack Obama, then-FBI Director James Comey and “intelligence community leadership.” Comey never disclosed this particular meeting.
Rice noted that President Obama and Comey had a “follow-on conversation” after the formal meeting during which Obama told Comey that “from a national security perspective” he wanted “to be sure that, as we engage with the incoming team, we are mindful to ascertain if there is any reason that we cannot share information fully as it relates to Russia.” President Obama then asked Comey to inform him of any changes that would affect how his White House should share classified information with the incoming Trump administration. That indicates to me that they did or planned to withhold information and intel from the newly elected Trump administration.
Repeatedly, Rice said that Obama told Comey in no uncertain terms that he wanted the Russia investigation handled “by the book” and that “from a law enforcement perspective” he was not “asking about, initiating or instructing anything.” That’s a huge red flag that they were circling the wagons to protect Obama because nefarious dealings were going on in regards to Trump. Plausible deniability y’all. Rice herself was at that meeting and said she stayed for this “follow-on conversation,” along with then-Vice President Joe Biden and Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, who weeks later would become an icon of the left after she was fired over her refusal to enforce President Trump’s first travel ban on certain terror-prone Muslim majority countries.
As I understand it, the Senate Judiciary Committee obtained the email from the National Archives as part of its investigation into potential political bias and influence in the FBI’s handling of the “Russia investigation” and the infamous Fusion GPS “dossier” that was used to obtain a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant on one-time Trump associate Carter Page. If this ‘smoking gun’ is what it appears to be in this email, this is far worse than Watergate and it’s just beginning to come to light. Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), the Crime and Terrorism Subcommittee chairman, have a lot of questions on this email.
In a letter that Grassley and Graham sent to Rice on February 8th, they inform Rice of the following: “It strikes us as odd that, among your activities in the final moments on the final day of the Obama administration, you would feel the need to send yourself such an unusual email purporting to document a conversation involving President Obama and his interactions with the FBI regarding the Trump/Russia investigation. In addition, despite your claim that President Obama repeatedly told Mr. Comey to proceed “by the book,” substantial questions have arisen about whether officials at the FBI, as well as at the Justice Department and the State Department, actually did proceed “by the book.””
Grassley/Graham release a partially redacted email sent by Susan Rice to herself on Jan. 20, 2017 — 15 minutes after Trump took office — detailing a Jan. 5 Oval Office meeting w Obama about Russian hacking: pic.twitter.com/QRnYTmOfXF
— Chris Geidner (@chrisgeidner) February 12, 2018
The public version of the letter includes a redacted version of Rice’s email indicating it once held a “top secret” classification. The letter makes reference to an unredacted still-classified version of the email. Graham and Grassley want answers to a dozen questions, which I will list below. And they want answers to them by February 22nd. Rice has major explaining to do here:
1. Did you send the email attached to this letter to yourself? Do you have any reason to dispute the timestamp of the email?
2. When did you first become aware of the FBI’s investigation into allegations of collusion between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia?
3. When did you become aware of any surveillance activities, including FISA applications, undertaken by the FBI in conducting that investigation? At the time you wrote this email to yourself, were you aware of either the October 2016 FISA application for surveillance of Carter Page or the January 2017 renewal?
4. Did anyone instruct, request, suggest, or imply that you should send yourself the aforementioned Inauguration Day email memorializing President Obama’s meeting with Mr. Comey about the Trump/Russia investigation? If so, who and why?
5. Is the account of the January 5, 2017 meeting presented in your email accurate? Did you omit any other portions of the conversation?
6. Other than that email, did you document the January 5, 2017 meeting in any way, such as contemporaneous notes or a formal memo? To the best of your knowledge, did anyone else at that meeting take notes or otherwise memorialize the meeting?
7. During the meeting, did Mr. Comey or Ms. Yates mention potential press coverage of the Steele dossier? If so, what did they say?
8. During the meeting, did Mr. Comey describe the status of the FBI’s relationship with Mr. Steele, or the basis for that status?
9. When and how did you first become aware of the allegations made by Christopher Steele?
10. When and how did you first become aware that the Clinton Campaign and the Democratic National Committee funded Mr. Steele’s efforts?
11. You wrote that President Obama stressed that he was “not asking about, initiating or instructing anything from a law enforcement perspective.” Did President Obama ask about, initiate, or instruct anything from any other perspective relating to the FBI’s investigation?
12. Did President Obama have any other meetings with Mr. Comey, Ms. Yates, or other government officials about the FBI’s investigation of allegations of collusion between Trump associates and Russia? If so, when did these occur, who participated, and what was discussed?
The meeting that Rice refers to happened just months after she “unmasked” Trump campaign members’ communications during the transition period. Stay tuned. This is just getting started and it is going to get very interesting. And not in a good way for the Obama administration and his lackeys.
— BocaRatonRC (@BocaRatonRC) February 9, 2018
Comey told Senate last time he met w/ Obama was "late 2016"
In email, Susan Rice says Comey+Obama met in WH Oval Jan 2017
Who is lying?
— Jordan Schachtel (@JordanSchachtel) February 12, 2018
Susan Rice: I’m just going to write this email on my very last day in office before Trump takes over explaining how EVERYTHING we did was by the book and not illegal in any way. Case closed!
— Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) February 12, 2018
The corrupt Susan Rice CYA email confirms need to question Obama and Biden about Clinton/DNC Dossier. The whole Russia collusion investigation is a scam targeting @RealDonaldTrump. https://t.co/iM23NkzM3R
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) February 12, 2018
One wonders what Susan Rice and her colleagues were doing between Jan. 5 and Jan. 20 at noon that made her think she needed to blast out a quick CYA e-mail moments before Trump became president.
— Sean Davis (@seanmdav) February 12, 2018
🔴BUSTED: Grassley and Graham Caught Susan Rice Red Handed
She sent herself an e-mail just before Trump was inaugurated & moments before she walked out of the WH for the last time.
Her email appears to 'BACK DATE' a meeting, in an effort to protect Obama from criminal charges. pic.twitter.com/9AJOOQmVuM
— Saving America 🔴 (@SavingAmerica4U) February 12, 2018
What we KNOW about Susan Rice … she lied about Benghazi.
What we [STRONGLY] SUSPECT about Susan Rice … she sent a CYA email to make it look like obama wasnt a law breaking POS president trying to subvert @realDonaldTrump.
— Stubbornly Me. (@lybr3) February 12, 2018
Turns out that Susan Rice isn't the only person who wrote herself an email… pic.twitter.com/HOizpBZK1j
— Stefan Molyneux (@StefanMolyneux) February 13, 2018
Voters In Iowa Believe That Russia Is Nothing More Than A Political Witch Hunt pic.twitter.com/jmw7I7rAD1
— Ryan Saavedra 🇺🇸 (@RealSaavedra) February 13, 2018
Rachel Dolezal, Former NAACP Leader, Charged With Welfare Fraud
Rachel Dolezal, a former NAACP leader, is back in the news. This time for welfare fraud. Previously it was for...
Obama: Netflix Will Train the Next Generation of Leaders… Heal Our Political Divide
Former president Barack Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama have just inked a multi-million dollar deal with Netflix. Obama...
Armed Citizen Kills Gunman At Oklahoma City Restaurant
In Oklahoma City a man walked into Louie’s On The Lake restaurant and opened fire with a handgun, wounding a...
President Trump Cancels North Korean Summit In Singapore
President Trump has officially pulled out of the North Korean summit in Singapore with Kim Jong-Un. He scolded the North...
Trump: Won’t stand for National Anthem? Maybe you shouldn’t be in the country.
President Trump was very pleased with the NFL’s decision to impose a ban on kneeling during the playing of the...
CNN Interviews Man Who Won’t Move Out Of Parents’ Home And It’s Cringeworthy
An unemployed 30 year-old man has been in the news after his parents sued him and tried to evict him...
FBI Agents Want Congress To Issue Them Subpoenas So They Can Expose Comey and McCabe
The Daily Caller is reporting that several FBI agents want Congress to subpoena them so they can testify against the...
ICE Director Slams Dem: Don’t Call Us Anti-Immigrant For Enforcing Your Laws
The acting director of ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement), Thomas Homan, slammed Democratic California Rep. Nanette Barragan for disparaging the...
Tomi Lahren Gets Drink Thrown On Her And Is Verbally Assaulted
Fox News commentator Tomi Lahren, 25, had a drink thrown on her by a woman while she was having brunch...
Boy Scout World Jamboree Says Condoms Will Be ‘Readily And Easily Accessible’ For Event
Leadership of the Boy Scouts has mandated that condoms be “readily and easily accessible” for next year’s 24th World Scout...
- This Picture Of Nikki Haley At The UN Says It All: Just Walk Away on
- Palin: McCain VP Regret Remarks Are A ‘Perpetual Gut-Punch’ on
- McCain Says He Regrets Picking Sarah Palin As Running Mate, Doesn’t Want Trump At Funeral on
- Antifa Hangs Trump In Effigy, Calls For ‘Revolutionary Violence’ on
- Hogg And Kasky: The NRA Is Scared, Calls Trump A Professional Liar on