It’s now estimated that by the end of this decade, 60,000 – 70,000 drones operated by various federal and local governments will be flying over the United States on a regular basis. The opposition to this technological revolution fears these devices will invade citizen privacy, and that they might even be used for government assassinations the way they are used in some foreign countries.
What nonsense. Such privacy worries are silly. Assassination concerns are absurd. The real fear here should focus on the potential of drones as revenue enhancers.
About privacy. It’s rather late in the day to evoke this worry when it comes to drones. When Essau in the Bible sold his birthright to Jacob for a bowl of porridge, at least he got a good feed out of the deal. What have Americans gotten for their own privacy sell out?
The right to be charged almost 15 percent interest (the present credit card average starting rate) when they buy things with plastic, purchases that are meticulously tracked by marketeers? The right to surf the Internet, with every single click or pause tracked by Internet firms? The right to talk on cell phones while walking down the street that’s tracked by phone service suppliers? The right to drive a new car, vehicles that all now have black boxes installed that let others know where one’s been, if they haven’t already tracked you via your cell phone or other devices?
Why would a government agency need drones to invade the privacy that Americans as a people have so egregiously and foolishly traded away? All a government agency needs do is spend a few bucks with a data mining company to know more about you than any government agency in history.
Governments now have all the technical tools they need to track potential terrorists. All the weapons they need to kill bad guys who deserve to die. Far too many ways to invade privacy already. Drones will therefore serve another purpose. They will provide more of what governments really want.
They want your money.
- Five Girls Attack One – But Then Hero Rushes In To Save The Day
- Son of Mob Boss Says Sicilian Mafia Will Stop ISIS in NYC
- VIDEO of Judge Judy OBLITERATING Smug Thug for Peeing on Flag
- Dad Fights To Regain Custody Of Infant Daughter, Girlfriend Gave Her Up For Adoption Without His Consent!
- Donald Trump Releases His Plan for 2nd Amendment… Leaves Millions Furious
- Did The Coast Guard Deliberately Sink Boat Full of Muslim ‘Refugees’?
- VIDEO: H.S. Teacher is Attacked by 16-Year-Old Female Student She Corrected During Presentation
- Liberal Students on College Campuses Across Nation Demand That ‘Offensive’ Thomas Jefferson Statues Be Banned