By ROBERT LAURIE – Attempting to trample the 2nd and 4th Amendments with one terrible law?
Whenever liberals broach the subject of gun control, a pair of caveats has been standard. They are: “no one wants to go house to house rounding up guns” and “if you already owned a newly banned firearm, you can keep it.” You’ll just have to register your guns, go through background checks, and put your name into a federal database of people who own weapons that the government considers scary.
2nd Amendment advocates argue that, since these measures only affect law-abiding owners, they’ll do nothing to prevent violent crime. Such a database would serve only to give the feds a list of people who it could later target with harassment and confiscation.
…oh sorry, they don’t like the word “confiscation.” They prefer the term “forced buybacks.”
Regardless of the terminology, gun control zealots assure you that they only want to know who owns what. They promise the jack boots won’t be coming through your front door.
….Unless you live in Washington State, where a recently proposed gun control law initially contained the following:
“In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.”
Yep, if the bill had passed, Pacific Northwesterners would have been able to keep their ill-defined “assault weapons.” All they’d have to do is acquiesce to the elimination of their 4th Amendment rights and endure annual warrantless “inspections.” Failure to comply with the searches would have carried a penalty of up to a year in prison.
- BREAKING: Obama Makes Major Gun Grab Following Planned Parenthood Shooting
- The Dutch Leave a NASTY Surprise for Muslim ‘Refugees’: ‘Welcome to Hell’
- HORROR: People Having Sex With Horses Is on the Rise
- VIDEO: 8 Minutes of the Funniest Dogs
- Is Obama Making HUGE Threats to States Who Refuse to Take Syrian ‘Refugees’?
- Man Pulls Out THIS From A Mysterious Hole on His Head. OMG…
- PHOTOS of Archaeologists Unearthing a Weird Pot… Stunning Find That Defies Extinction
- Hacker Group Is Spamming ISIS Websites With Viagra Ads