An impeccable source has provided me with a copy of a draft Executive Order that the White House is apparently circulating for comments from several government agencies. Titled “Disclosure of Political Spending By Government Contractors,” it appears to be an attempt by the Obama administration to implement — by executive fiat — portions of the DISCLOSE Act.
This was the bill introduced last year by Sen. Chuck Schumer and Rep. Chris Van Hollen to overturn the Supreme Court’s decision in Citizens United v. FEC. The bill had onerous requirements that were duplicative of existing law and burdensome to political speech. It never passed Congress because of principled opposition to its unfair, one-side requirements that benefited labor unions at the expense of corporations. Democratic commissioners at the Federal Election Commission then tried to implement portions of the bill in new regulations. Fortunately, those regulations were not adopted because of the united opposition of the Republican commissioners.
As my source says:
It really is amazing — they lost in the Supreme Court, they lost in Congress, they lost at the FEC, so now the president is just going to do it by edict.
- Ranchland Owners Speak Out On Deaths of Illegal Aliens Found On Their Land
- CAUGHT: CNN Headline’s False: ‘Viral Teen YouTube Star Renounces Conservatism’
- BREAKING: The TRUTH About Planned Parenthood Killer Is Revealed
- Trump SOLD OUT! Lines Form FIVE BLOCKS LONG to See The Donald Sarasota
- ‘Planned Parenthood Shooter’ Labeled ‘White Christian Terrorist’ Before Any Evidence Is Released
- Dog Walks 200 Miles to Find Woman Who Saved Her When She Was Sick
- BAM! Wife Tells Husband She’s Leaving Him To Become A Hooker, But His Reply Is GENIUS
- Woman Gets 15 Surgeries, Removes 6 Ribs to Look Like THIS